MY VIEWS
ANIRBAN CHATTERJIE'S BLOG

Ra.One Review

Category: By ANIRBAN CHATTERJIE

Just finished watching Ra.One, its half past 12 at midnight, tomorrow is work but I think I will complete my critical analysis of the movie. I usually don’t write reviews of movies I don’t like but for tonight and Shahrukh I shall make an exception.

Well, the only good thing I liked in Ra.One is Ra.One! I mean the character played by Arjun Rampal (the anti hero). I know some might differ with my choice and say the only good thing is Kareena gyrating her booty/hips (I loved it too) or Akon singing in Hinglish (I liked this too) but Arjun Rampal was fabulous! All thanks to SRK and Mr.Anubhav Sinha. Mr.Sinha, we shall wait for something as good as Tum Bin, in the meantime keep giving us flops like Dus, Cash, Tathastu and the latest being Ra.One!

Of SRK: Before I seen this movie, my friends complained to me about the movie being a complete disaster (knowing fully well I am blind fan of SRK). I countered saying we should atleast give credit to SRK for trying to make something like our own bollywood style game/cartoon super hero. Tonight after watching the movie, I still give you full credit but it was really disappointing: the story was flimsy (not filmy) and the direction was amateurish. At some point during the movie, I got lost trying to figure out what the hell was happening, why was it happening in the first place!

I would like to quote a slogan: ‘Only Sex and SRK sells in Bollywood’. But surely SRK must have given his selling skills away to the Vampy Vidya Balan and Salman Khan or anybody else who entertains us. Cause G.One bored and let down most of us!

Hats off for your attempt and sympathies for failing. Sorry SRK, but Krrish was way ahead in presentation.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?