MY VIEWS
ANIRBAN CHATTERJIE'S BLOG

Miss you...

Category: , By ANIRBAN CHATTERJIE

Miss the tea seller at the Railway station from whom I used to purchase newspapers on my way to work...She used to waive off 50 paise when I dint have change so much that I got into the habit of not having change!. I don’t know her name.

Miss the Auto wala who used to describe his Auto as faster than Mamata Bannerjee’s trains…Don’t know his name.

Miss the cycle garage er dokaner Kaku and mainly the small kid who used to work at his shop. Always had a smile to greet each time I met him except the time when I told him I was shifting to another place. I don’t remember his face but I can clearly recollect his broad smile which makes me reminiscent of him. Don’t know his name or his boss’s.

Miss the barber who cut my unwanted hair for the last 5 years. He was THE BEST I have ever known. Was a very good masseur too. The last time I was using his service, I told him that I was moving. He stopped foaming me suddenly. I turned to see his eyes wet. I jokingly asked him whether it’s the news I just gave or because he was going to loose a regular customer! He narrated and I advised. That was the last I met him. After a few days I went to his shop to give him a calendar and I heard he committed suicide. After the initial numbness, all I could muster was: He was brave. Throughout my 5 years with him, I addressed him as Dada and he called me back Dada. Sadly, I don’t know his name.

Miss Sajal da, Bhanu da and Mukerjee da and many more whose names I don't know but knew them by their faces. They were my daily travel partners (all double my age) and during those 45 minutes every day, I learnt Train is such a wonderful place. We all come with our problems but the assembly everyday at compartment no.4 dissolved all our problems (for at least 45 minutes everyday) while we engrossed ourselves into debates and discussion on National affairs, Sports, Politics, etc.

Miss you too D..I regret for what I put you through but we are even now huh since the way you deserted me and the days I seen for you and without you puts us on the same scale.

This writing isn’t about me missing them but it’s a tribute to the mentioned people who are making me miss them.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?